This special limited edition spot gloss magnetized slipcase & slipcover set is limited to 5,000 units and is only available on our website and at select indie retailers. Absolutely no major retailers will be stocking them. This is Vol#3 of a three part set.
Presented in partnership with Something Weird Video...
The American Genre Film Archive (AGFA) represents the world's largest theatrical catalog of exploitation cinema. Their home video line presents a diverse selection of movies, ranging from new preservations of classics from the vast library of Something Weird to the wildest in shot-on-video (SOV) titles. Vinegar Syndrome’s sister company, OCN Distribution, is thrilled to be representing this diverse and unique home video line!
No one will ever make movies like Doris Wishman made movies. One of the most prolific women filmmakers in the history of American cinema, writer-director-editor Wishman created collisions between surrealism and exploitation that feel like they materialized from an alternate universe. THE FILMS OF DORIS WISHMAN: THE DAYLIGHT YEARS surveys the early, sun-soaked nudist era of Wishman's career. From NUDE ON THE MOON (Wishman's dreamlike sci-fi triumph) to HIDEOUT IN THE SUN (a crackpot nudie-noir) AGFA + Something Weird are honored to present these effervescent DIY treasures in gorgeous new restorations.
directed by: Doris Wishman
1960-1965 / 428 min (combined) / 1.37:1 / English DTS-HD MA 1.0
- Region Free Blu-ray set
- English SDH subtitles
Disc 1: NUDE ON THE MOON (1961) and BLAZE STARR GOES NUDIST (1962)
- Restorations from the original 35mm camera negatives
- NUDE ON THE MOON: Commentary with director Frank Henenlotter and filmmaker Anthony Snead
- BLAZE STARR GOES NUDIST: Commentary with Wishman biographer Michael Bowen
- Theatrical trailers
- “Daylight Years” photo gallery
- Booklet with writing from Something Weird’s Lisa Petrucci and a vintage Doris Wishman interview
Disc 2: HIDEOUT IN THE SUN (1960) and GENTLEMEN PREFER NATURE GIRLS (1963)
- HIDEOUT IN THE SUN: Preservation from Doris Wishman’s personal 16mm print
- HIDEOUT IN THE SUN: Commentary with Wishman biographer Michael Bowen
- GENTLEMEN PREFER NATURE GIRLS: Restoration from the original 35mm camera negative
- Unseen Doris Wishman interview from 1974
- Theatrical trailers
Disc 3: DIARY OF A NUDIST (1961) and THE PRINCE AND THE NATURE GIRL (1965)
- DIARY OF A NUDIST: Restoration from the original 35mm camera negative
- DIARY OF A NUDIST: Commentary with queer film historian Elizabeth Purchell
- THE PRINCE AND THE NATURE GIRL: Preservation from the only existing 35mm film elements - in German with English subtitles